Saturday, June 19, 2010

Good hair products/style?

I have thick darkbrown brown natural curly hair and it is really long. Its a huge hassle to take care of it.. And it doesn`t look good when I leave it down. Makes me head look like a mountain, LOL. It gets so puffy.. I use panteen (sp?) mouuse and I usually tie it up. I`m thinking of getting it cut above my shoulders but below my ears.. But the shorter it is the more curly it is. I don`t want to look like shirly temple! Heh. Also, school is starting soon and I don`t want my hair to be in the way of it. I`m not allowed to straighten it in any way [ironing, that chemical stuff they do] so yep. I`m stuck with my giant ball of puff. I like panteen products.. Any way you girls use them? I just get a ton and like scrunch it in.. it doesn`t go on evenly though. I don`t brush it either, except in the shower or it gets all tangled. Its really annoying.. I use tons of conditioner and never blowdry. Thanks!



Good hair products/style?

Mittens, I had the same problem, why don't you try this:



Don't brush AT ALL. EVER!!! In the shower, use a wide tooth comb to detangle with conditioner in your hair. This may explain the puffiness.



Leave 25% of the conditioner on the ends of your hair for extra protection



Squeeze the water out of your hair, never wring. Do not flip your head over or rub the hair briskly with the towel both methods will only fragment the curls and cause frizz.



Using outstretched fingers, comb through a leave-in conditioner.



Rub a small amount of gel between your palms and smooth the hands over the hair in one movement, from front to back as if you're gathering your hair into a ponytail. This delivers gel the hair's exterior to quickly control fly-away and baby hairs. Do this as soon as possible after showering for best results.



Section your hair into 6 parts. The top, bottom %26amp; Middle %26amp; left %26amp; right. The first section will be the nape of the neck to the middle of the back of the head. The second section will start at the back of the head and extend to the hairline. The last two sections will include the two sides. No matter how thorough you think you are, you won't get complete coverage with one large application of gel. Pin sections up %26amp; work one section at a time using small amounts of gel (Mousse creates volume %26amp; is better for the crown of your head)



Rub the gel between your palms and work into each section by combing your fingers through the hair from the scalp to the ends. As you apply, use your fingers to define each curl. Be sure to coat all of the hair in each section from roots to ends to close the cuticle layer of the hair. Any strands left uncovered will become frizzy and throwing off the even, puzzle-piece flow of your curls.



Leave your curls alone %26amp; don't overhandle them, they will frizz.



Air dry %26amp; your curls will look gorgeous.



I use Ouidad's products %26amp; I love them www.ouidad.com



Good Luck!!!



Good hair products/style?

Try Ojon products from QVC....You can return them if you do not care for them..I use Panteen products too....



Good hair products/style?

pantene products are supposed to be bad for your hair, they coat the strands with wax. I would try a smoothing shampoo/conditioner. maybe thermasilk.



Good hair products/style?

try ouidad products--they're made especially for thick curly hair

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans